Coming Soon to the MLS!
What Does “Coming Soon” Mean?
Do you ever see “Coming Soon” sign riders on home for sale signs? Since we’ve been in such a seller’s market for several years now, these signs have become even more prevalent. Our local multiple listing service (MLS) has rules about these types of sign riders that protect the integrity of our MLS. A savvy real agent agent will list your home this way in order to create excitement and awareness.
- The home should look good on the outside with plenty of curb appeal.
- The home must have a valid listing contract signed and in effect.
- The home will now be in “Pre-MLS” status, and only agents can see it in the MLS.
- There’s an extra document the seller must sign specifying that the home is not ready to be an active listing and promising not to show it. A date for when the home must come onto the market as an “Active” listing is specified.
- The listing agent will be fined heavily by the MLS if the home is shown to anyone during the Pre-MLS phase.
- A “For Sale” sign can be placed in the yard and frequently a “Coming Soon” rider will be attached to the sign.
- There is extra work involved for the Realtor to use a “Coming Soon” marketing strategy, but it is absolutely worth it for the extra exposure. Make sure your real estate agent is up to the task. Deb Staley uses “Coming Soon” for every one of her listings and uses this page to pre-market them.
Deb Staley’s Own Listings Coming Soon
- Reverse 1 1/2-story home in Forest Creek Estates in Overland Park for only $360,000--pre-inspected too--to save you time and money!
- You won’t believe this one when it hits the market on April 25, 2019.
All the homes in this area sell for over $400,000 and this one is adjacent to the actual forest and walking trail.
The county appraised it at $386,600.
- 3 bedrooms on the main level and one in the lower level.
- Wood flooring throughout the main level with newer carpet in the bedrooms.
- White kitchen cabinets.
- Dining area in the kitchen looks out onto the forest.
- Formal Dining Room.
- Den / Office / Play Room on the main level.
- Master Bedroom with large, walk-in closet. Master Bathroom with garden tub, separate toilet room, new flooring.
- The lot is a quarter of an acre. There is a lawn sprinkler system and a separate sprinkler system for the landscaping.
- The HVAC system is only 3 years old. New garage door opener last year.
- Two fireplaces that are both gas. One is on the main level and the other is in the lower-level family room.
- Total square footage is 3,308 (2,358 on the main level and 950 in the lower level, per county records).
- Olathe schools.
- There is a whole “other house” on the lower level with a bedroom with walk-in closet, full bathroom with new floor, family room with fireplace, and kitchenette. Over 950 square feet of living space down there and a cedar closet too. There is 1,000 square feet of unfinished storage room or room for even more expansion.
- Much of the furniture will be offered for sale too, as owner is downsizing.
- Seller needs a closing of May 29th and a possession May 31st to coordinate with the next purchase.